Traffic violations are on the upward surge, and it is the duty of us citizens of the city to ensure that we do our part to ensure road safety, especially in Delhi, which as a state paid 30% of India’s ₹1,899 Cr worth of challan in 2021.
Many of us look to buy and sell cars, and one of the most vital things to be concerned about is the pending fines a vehicle has in terms of challan.
To curb the rising number of traffic accidents in India, the government instituted a CCTV-enabled e-challan system. After apprehending an offender, traffic cops use swiping equipment that allows them to instantly issue a printed challan. The e-challan also includes a real-time entrance into traffic police servers.
What is an E-Challan?
An e-challan is a ticket given to defaulters and prepared electronically. The technique was developed to make traffic services more pleasant and easier for the general public while remaining open. To deter monetary transactions and bribery was also one of the reasons why it was used.
With the implementation of e-challan technology, traffic cops may now perform effective and extensive surveillance of traffic violators. Citizens can now pay their e-challans either online or offline, depending on the service provided by their municipality/state.
How To Check E-Challan?
To check the status of an e-challan in Delhi, go to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ website, Parivahan. Here’s how to verify traffic fines and the status of an e-challan:
- Go to https://www.echallan.parivahan.gov.in/ to access the Parivahan website.
- On the menu, select the ‘Check Challan Status’ option.
- To get the data of your Delhi e-challan, enter the Delhi traffic challan number and vehicle number.
- The website will display any outstanding traffic penalties and the e-challan status for your car.
By going through these steps, you can check the E-Challan status if you’re looking to buy pre-owned cars.
Read More: What Are the Different Types of Number Plates in India?
How To Pay E-Challan in Delhi?
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the website of the Delhi Traffic Police.
- Go to the ‘Notices’ tab. From the drop-down option, choose ‘Pending Notices.’
- Enter the vehicle registration number or the traffic challan number.
- To proceed, click ‘Search Details.’
- Choose the ‘Pay Now’ option if you have a pending Delhi e-challan.
- Check the payment ID and the corresponding amount.
- An acknowledgment SMS is delivered to the payer after the online challan payment is successful.
In Delhi, an increase in traffic congestion regularly leads to infractions of traffic safety standards. Many people buy and sell cars in this city. Keep in mind, however, that these restrictions are in place to protect you and other pedestrians from unexpected situations. To prevent earning a traffic citation in Delhi, always follow all road safety requirements.
Furthermore, buying comprehensive automotive insurance coverage is typically a good idea to reduce any hassles that an accident may cause.
There is a reason why traffic rules are implemented, as they provide order to what would be a chaotic situation here in Delhi NCR. We should do the bare minimum of what is required of us and ensure that the roads are safe for everyone around us.
But why are we helping your out with this information? Here’s why.
India Car Bazaar has been the next-generation e-commerce platform for pre-owned automobiles since its inception as a pioneer in the used automotive market in Noida. For anybody wishing to buy and sell cars, we offer the best-in-class experience.
We go out of our way to help you find the right vehicle at the right price and ensure that the cars we sell don’t have outstanding fines or challans as well. The goal is to provide a seamless transactional experience for our customers and to make them happy.
Contact us at 9811045021 or visit our listing page to sell used cars in Delhi or elsewhere in India.